CONSTITUTION OF WEST GLAMORGAN CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE
1. The NAME of the League is West Glamorgan Cross Country League.
2. The OBJECT of the League is to provide cross country athletics races for senior athletes in the former county of West Glamorgan.
3. The League is open to all persons irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs or of age, sex or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirements of athletics as a particular sport.
4. AFFILIATION All clubs who host races must be affiliated to Welsh Athletics as recommended by Welsh Athletics.
5. MANAGEMENT of the League will vest in a Committee consisting of a Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and a representative of each team based in the former county of West Glamorgan.
(i) The Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary are to be elected annually at an Annual General Meeting which should normally be held between May 1st and September 30th.
(ii) To constitute any meeting five representatives eligible to vote must be present.
(iii) Only the Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and a representative of each team based in the former county of West Glamorgan have voting rights in any meeting
At each meeting the committee shall consider any actions taken on its behalf and shall receive a report on the club’s financial position.
6. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - An Annual General Meeting shall receive the Secretary’s report and financial statement for the previous year, elect officers and Committee and deal with any other matter specified on the Agenda.
The Secretary must give 21 days notice of the meeting.
Notice of any business which it is desired to place on the Agenda must be given in writing to the Secretary at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
West Glamorgan Cross Country League Rules & Scoring
1. Separate Divisions will be held for male and female athletes.
2. Division 1 will consist of a maximum of 8 teams. Further divisions will be arranged at the discretion of the League Committee.
3. Each organisation is only allowed 1 team (ie no B or C teams etc are allowed)
4. In the first instance athletes should be encouraged to compete for their work or local area team
5. Athletes can only compete for one Team in any given season
6. Scoring will be based on the number of athletes participating in each race. The winning athlete will gain a number of points equal to the number of participating athletes (excluding guests). Each subsequent athlete will receive one less point.
7. Guest athletes are welcome to enter races but will not score any points.
8. Any number of athletes may compete in a team, but a maximum of five will count towards the team score.
9. Athletes registered with Welsh Athletics will pay a race entry fee for each race, to be decided by the Committee. Athletes not registered with Welsh Athletics will pay the race entry fee plus an additional fee. Such additional fee to be decided by Welsh Athletics.
10. Teams accepted into the League will be encouraged to host and organise races.
Team Scoring explained
1. If there are 100 athletes in the race the winner will get 100 MATCH points, the person who is last will get 1 point (Guests don't score).
2. 5 athletes score per team (so if one team has the first 5 athletes they will get 100+99+98+97+96=490 MATCH points)
3. The team with the most MATCH points wins the match.
4. Teams are split into Divisions.
5 In Mens Division 1, there are 8 teams, so the team with the most MATCH points will get 8 LEAGUE points, the team that is second will get 7 LEAGUE points etc.
6. League positions are determined by who has the most LEAGUE points.
7. If two teams have the same number of LEAGUE points, the team with the most number of MATCH POINTS gains the higher League position.